Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 4-6 strips of bacon (optional)
- 2 cans Dark Red Kidney Beans (rinsed)
- 3 whole tomatoes
- 1 medium Avocado
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/2 white onion
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. lemon (fresh is better)
- Following spices to taste
- Chili Powder
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- – Mix, in a bowl, ground meat with spices and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- – Mix, in a bowl, 2 cans kidney beans with Chili Powder, Salt (like a large pinch), Cumin and two grinds Black Pepper. Let sit for 30 minutes
- – Blend or Food Process
- – tomatoes, avocado, parsley, 1/2 tsp. salt and lemon juice
- – Dice the following
- – Bacon, garlic, celery, onion
- – Put large pot on medium high heat and add bacon.
- – Once bacon is cooked near crisp add celery and onion and reduce heat to medium.
- – Once the onion reaches a caramelized look add garlic.
- – Allow to cook for one minute.
- – Add ground meat and return temp to medium high. You want the meat to be browned and crumbly not grey and mushy. Constantly stir to prevent stickage.
- – Once meat has cooked at tomato blend. And allow to cook for about 2 minutes.
- – Add beans then turn temp to low and let cook for 10 minutes covered and then 10 minutes uncovered.